- Level: Beginner
- Duration: 5 hours
- Date: 30 September 2022
- Mentor: Anina Elizabeth Jacob
About the Course
Kids who doodle art have better memory retention as per latest scientific studies. Doodle drawings are a great way for both kids and adults alike to relieve tension and convert ideas and thoughts by solidifying them into a purposeful whole. It's a way of expressing creative energy and a powerful way for kids to think and solve problems. Visual Literacy is a life skill that comes with practicing doodling. It is always better if we start young!
This is for you if:
You are above 6 years of age, interested in exploring the simplest medium to convert your ideas, thoughts, and imagination into a visual form through doodles.
What you’ll explore:
- Introduction to Concept of Doodling
- Demystify myths about Doodling
- Understand the many possibilities of Doodling
- Introduction to the Doodle Vocabulary
- How to create patterns
- How to doodle objects
- How to doodle characters and expressions
- How to doodle words/text
- Structuring/layout of a Doodle
- Taking inspiration from the world around, tips on how to apply them (introduction to doodle journaling, visual notetaking)
What you get:
Learn to use doodling as a visual medium to develop and share ideas, experiences, and imagination, Earn a new form of expression that has immense impact on your mind (focus, information retention, expression of emotions), Gain an all-new perspective to Doodling, Walk away with a new effortlessly satisfying hobby and an irreplaceable academic asset
What you’ll need:
- An open mind to learn of course!
- You will also need a sketchbook / paper, a pencil, black marker pen/sharpies/sketch pen (of varying thickness preferably), eraser, any colouring medium like crayons or colour pencils to bring life to your doodles