About the Course
Everyone has a storyteller in him/her, and this course is designed to bring out the storyteller in every child.
Come, learn the craft of creative writing and give free rein to your creative bent of mind.
This is for you
If you are between 8 to 11 years of age and want to delve into the art of storytelling.
What you’ll explore
- Conventions of English, use of powerful words and phrases
- Traditional format of a story (beginning, middle, end)
- Story elements (characters, setting, events, problem, solution)
- Character traits and behavior patterns
- Tweaking fairy tales to make them their own creation
- Poetic forms and figures of speech
- Direct and reported speech as the basis of conversation and dialogues
- Story writing journey with feedback and suggestions for improvement
What you get
- Developed creative writing skills
- Improved vocabulary, accuracy, and writing style
- Ability to build interesting fictional characters with actions to match
- Interest in composing short poems of diverse forms and on varied topics
- Enhanced skill in writing dialogues that match character traits
- Proficiency in writing interesting short stories
What you’ll need
Pencil or pen, some paper, and a clear mind ready to start exploring new ideas!